Since I live in a city where movies take forever to get to the theatres, I am still eagerly awaiting Wes Anderson’s new flick Moonrise Kingdom. A Die-Hard Anderson fan, I decided to satisfy my antsy craving by having a mini-fest of some of my favorites. So last night was spent watching Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums.
Not all movies get increasingly better with every viewing, but Anderson’s do. The detail is insane and the dead-pan sense of humor increases in comedic mass with every weighing. While Rushmore is fabulous, few things in life compare to the genius of Tenenbaums.
1. It is Aesthetically FLAWLESS
2. The INSANE Attention to detail
6. Margot’s Background Check
11. The Gene Hackman/Ben Stiller Relationship
12. The Gene Hackman/Gwyneth Paltrow Relationship
13. The Gene Hackman/Luke Wilson Relationship
14. The Gene Hackman/Ari & Uzi Relationship
15. THE SOUNDTRACK
16. The Child Actors
18. The Book Chapters that break up the scenes