I take pictures of everything. Always have, always will.
I have a compulsion to document, a fascination with the captured image.
My photographic world has been rocked by the iPhone.
Not only do I now always have a camera on me, but it is AMAZING what these little things can do!
And now you can do even more with your pictures with tons of cool photography apps!
- Instagram: One of the most popular apps, I’m sure you all know about this one. This is great because you can share them on the feed with friends. It’s got some great filters and a couple nice effects! And it’s free! I also love the square shape of them.
- Picture Show: With a ton of filters, a lens kit, countless editing options and more, this is a fantastic app! It was voted the number one photo app by iPhoneography.com, and can do almost anything you’d want for only $1.99! If you only buy 1 photo app, this is the one – I’m obsessed.
- Camera+: This is a really great editing app. You can take pictures with it or just edit them in post after you’ve taken them with a regular camera which I love, and there are some really great options for lighting, effects, frames, filters and adjustments. It also allows you to control the intensity of your filters which is a really great feature!
- PicFrame: This app allows you to create photo collages in tons of different kinds of frames and styles. I love to use this one combined with instagram or other apps to share events and such with friends. It’s a fabulous way to combine or condense images and experiences!
- Hipstamatic: This app is great because it looks a lot like a funky film cameras. You can pick your lenses and other camera elements which is great. Also, you can choose manually or shake it for a fun surprise combination which is a blast! One drawback is this is one of the few that you can’t do post editing of shots you’ve taken, you’ve gotta take the pics using the app.
- Incredibooth: If you’re anything like me, you are a photobooth addict! I cannot walk past any kind of photobooth without jumping in! Now you can do it at home with this neat app! And you can also add fun effects like sparkles!
– The Art of iPhoneography: A Guide to Mobile Creativity
– Create Great iPhone Photos: Apps, Tips, Tricks, and Effects
– iPhone Artistry
– Check out the app PostalPix! They do square prints, which is great for instagram, but they also do 4×6, 5×7, 8×10, AND aluminum tin prints! ANNNDDD they ship them right to your front door! It’s a fan-freaking-tastic way to get your pictures and display them!